|Nageshwara Charitable Trust (NCT) has set up an Agriculture Knowledge Centre (AKC) at village Raulgaon, 32 Kms from Nagpur..
Nageshwara Charitable Trust (NCT) has set up an Agriculture Knowledge Centre (AKC) at village Raulgaon, 32 Kms from Nagpur. The main objective of the initiative is showcase and train farmers in integrated farming. The training centre teaches farmers with a theme of “traditional farming with adoption of advanced technology”
Following initiatives/activities are available for the farmers to experience and learn;
1) Vegetable cultivation using drip irrigation & precision farming methods.
2) Multi-Cropping methods.
3) Water conservation and rain water harvesting.
4) Automated water management system using Drip-Automation.
5) Vegetable cultivation and floriculture under within Polyhouses and Shade-net houses. Use of sprinklers and foggers to maintain required humidity and temperature to create conducive atmosphere for vegetable cultivation & floriculture.
6) Improved dairy activities with proper cow shed, mechanized milking, use of fodder chopping machine, collection and use of cow-urine through drip system.
7) Pits for various types of compost such as NADEP, Vermicompost, Vermi-wash, Amrutjal etc
9) Azolla cultivation & Hydroponic technique for nutrient rich fodder for dairy animals
10) Fodder development & Management & Fodder mixing proportions.
11) Use of solar energy
12) Integrated pest management
13) Horticulture crops such as excellent variety Guava, Papaya, custard apple etc
Adding to above initiatives, a bio-gas unit has been recently built to achieve:
(1) To meet the in-house fuel requirement of 5 families (Farm labours) living in the farm. (2) To remove the hazardous Methane gas from the cow dung and make better compost from the slurry.
Two experts and state level trainers have been invited from Karnataka to build as well as train local masons. The construction work of this 3 CFT Deenbandhu model itself is very beautiful……